.

.

Friday, August 16, 2024

Biking - Sebago to the Sea

 First attempt at bike ride from the house. I had my mountain bike which was needed at least for about 10 of the 24 miles I rode. The trail cuts into the woods just before the end of Pond road. It then crosses 35 and stays in the woods until you come out at the entrance to the walking trails. You could go on 35 for a short distance and take first left. The road is probably better for a bike. The trail is nice if you are walking to the entrance to the walking trails. The Sebago to Sea trail goes through the walking trails area. There are a lot of trails in here. All easy to moderate mountain bike trails. I explored a few. At mile 3 you come out to the paved trail. This goes until mile 10 where it turns to a dirt track. At mile 12 the trail ends and you have railroad tracks with gravel on the sides. Rough riding so I turned around.  I also went to Shaw Park which is off a spur trail on the paved section. The walking trails area is very nice and good for biking or walking. Next step will be to figure out how to get to the Mountain Division trail heading West. I saw a few bikes on the paved section. In the walking trails area I saw mostly horses! At least three separate groups. One person was in the pond on their horse.



Bog on trail from Pond road to walking trails entrance:


Nice trails:


Horse in pond:








Around mile 10:


Mile 12. Turned around. Gravel on side of tracks:


Shaw Park:



Trail system again:






No comments:

Post a Comment