.

.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Last ski day? 4/21/14

If this is the last day then the season ended well. Perfect Spring skiing yesterday, for last day at Smuggs, and today at Sugarbush. Sugarbush will be open another few weeks but I think I am done with lift skiing for the season. There will probably be a few more days skiing recently closed mountains using the hiking method to go up.
This was a good season when all was said and done. Rough start. Good early season skiing up until Christmas and then nothing good until Feb 1. Feb, Mar, and Apr were very good. Three months of good skiing is nothing to complain about! I was talking to someone who worked at the mountain on the way up and he told me Christmas/New years is 1/3 of their business. We both talked about how that is probably the worst time of the year for good skiing if you were going to pick a week. But we agreed that having everyone come up then and keep the ski areas going was a good thing!
Next season will be more back country skiing. I got out a lot this season but there are still many trips I thought of in the Fall I never made it to. Next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment