.

.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Burrows->CHSA

Another week of not much snow and warmer than normal temps. I read the various ski conditions on Fri and had low expectations for today. At elevation (above 2K) it was actually very good. I hiked part way up the Burrows trail at Camels Hump and connected with the trail that goes around Camels Hump. At that point I put on the skis and they stayed on for the rest of the day. I went left up to the saddle near the top of Bald Hill. The snow was good, about 6 inches of powder on top of an OK base, and wasn't tracked all the way to Camels Hump Ski Area (CHSA). The ski to CHSA was nice with very little wind and good views. I went up Lions Ridge at CHSA and then headed back. On the way back I went to the top of Bald Hill which had great snow and some open areas for some good downhill skiing. A surprisingly good day.








Camels Hump from Lions Ridge




Great snow!

How many pictures of Camels Hump can I take? It is impressive from Bald Hill.







No comments:

Post a Comment