.

.

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Stowe - Trout Club

At the end of Nebraska Notch road is Lake Mansfield and the Trout Club. A trail goes from the club up to the long trail at the Taylor Lodge. I went up to the Lodge and then went on the LT South toward Mt Mayo. I turned around before the top and went back to the lodge. From the lodge I took a trail that goes down toward the cliffs. I had not been there before. The trail goes down toward the big bowl that you see on the way up and goes through some caves. After wandering around in that area I went back up to the lodge and then back to the club. A cloudy day with light snow. Enough visibility to see close mountains. Interesting area and good snow for hiking. Not enough for skiing yet.




Pond on way to Mt Mayo

Caves below Taylor Lodge

Caves below Taylor Lodge


Trout Club

No comments:

Post a Comment