.

.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Mistake

It was clear when I got to the parking lot of Sugarbush North today that I had made a mistake. It had snowed over the weekend but then, I thought, it was warm enough the last few days to melt things. It turns out it snowed last night, 2-6 depending on elevation, on top of what was a decent base from the weekend. I should have brought my skis! Hiking was nice and easy coasting down with enough snow to cover everything but it would have been nice to get in the first ski of the season. Stayed cold all day so the snow stayed good.
Time to start bringing skis and see what it is like when you get there. I should have known better. I will use the partial excuse that it was 70 and I was kayaking on this day last week so not really in winter mode yet.
Went up to the Long Trail and went to the top of Heavens Gate and turned around. A lot of work breaking trail on the ridge. Also should have brought gaiters.
















No comments:

Post a Comment