.

.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Full on winter

Yet another day at Bolton! It keeps snowing there so no reason not to go. It was 15 degrees in the parking lot when I left and when I returned today. Colder up higher. Winter. I did some of the usual trails and then explored "Not a Trail" which had some nice open woods. Then I decided to go on the Catamount trail North. Went up to Ravins Wind and there were no tracks beyond that. I broke trail up to the high point where the lookout is. A few feet of base with 6-12 inches of powder on top. It was a lot of work but a lot of fun going down. Plenty of snow to make some nice turns and check your speed. Yet another great day. The water bars down lower should start to freeze the next few days and more snow coming.

"Not A Trail" is a good one. Lots of powder and open woods

Skiing "Not A Trail"




Lookout at high point of Catamount Trail





This one and next are lower trails (Cliff Hanger)


No comments:

Post a Comment