.

.

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Smuggs - exploring

 Back to Smugglers Notch x-country. Today was exploring the back country trails. The first trail was a logging trail that goes up on the logging area cutover about half way down the cutover. This is pretty steep and goes up pretty far. I followed this to a ridge area and the trail was flat for a while and then started going down. I thought I could keep going and cut back to the x-country center but wasn't sure so I headed back the way I came. In retrospect I think going down this route would have led back to the trails. I then went further on the groomer to just before the high point. A named trail goes off on the left called Daniels Notch. This wasn't as steep and went up into another nice area with a fair amount of open woods. Snow was still pretty good since it has been cold. On the way down the groomers I took a left on Bills Way to The Walk. This was a different way down and I ended up below the car. Another good day!









No comments:

Post a Comment