.

.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Goose attack!

Kayaking on the La Platte river. I have done this many times with no issues. It is nesting season and there are a lot of geese in the river. The water was high so I could go in the flooded woods outside of the normal river and explore. This is a great time of year for that and you can access a lot of area that is land once the water drops some. Current lake level is 100 feet. Anyway I was kayaking as usual and a goose came up to my side and started hissing. I think that means they are angry! Then he started coming at me from the side. I put my paddle up to block him. He kept moving around me very close and I quickly moved my paddle around to block him. This went on a for what seemed like a while. I kept paddling to try and keep him in front of me. I didn't want him behind me. He wasn't giving up. I started to paddle backward while splashing him at the same time. He stayed on me for a little bit but started to let me escape backwards. I paddled hard back and then made a dash forward while watching him. I never saw this before. A very angry goose!









Kayaking in the woods










Other shots from Bay park and Mt Philo:



No comments:

Post a Comment