.

.

Friday, August 3, 2018

Baxter State Park - 4

On this day I was in the northern part of the park. I stayed in the park at South Pond. Very nice camp ground with kayaks and canoes to take out. Two clean ponds and good swimming. I went up North Traveler mountain and also went on another trail which went along a stream to a nice waterfall at the end. Along the stream there were a number of pot holes (swimming holes). On Friday I kayaked on the South Ponds in the AM before driving to NH. The ponds are connected by a shallow stream. I had to get out and walk the kayak through this area but it was short.

South Pond - view from camp site


Stream hike





North Traveler hike. Looking at South Ponds.

Camp site at right side of pond

Lots of blue berries on North Traveler














Camp site dock


















Other traveler peaks. There is a 10 mile loop that covers 3 peaks.




Kayak on South Ponds (Friday)



















No comments:

Post a Comment