.

.

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Wildcat D

This was a short day but a nice day. Lots of waterfalls, a cave, great views, and streams. Probably something else that I am not remembering at the moment.
The day started with a series of waterfalls to look at and then a stream crossing. This is a significant stream but it was doable today although not for me. I rock hopped 3/4 of the way across. There was a rock that was slippery on the sides and it was clear you needed to land on the far side of the rock. I did that but had too much momentum and could not stop myself from stepping off the back side of the rock. In up to my knees. Both feet. Got that out of the way. Wet feet all day. Of course when I had to cross the stream at the end of the day I had no problem.
Then up Wildcat which is a steep interesting trail. Lots of rock jumbles and a cave and a balanced rock in one area. Views in a number of places as you go up primarily of Mt Washington and Tuckerman and Huntington Ravines. You get to the top of the ski area and then a short walk to a deck with nice views which is a little higher than the top of the ski lifts. Nice blue sky day in the morning. After the hike I went to Thompsons Falls trail. This starts at the Wildcat ski area right near the lodge. About 1.5 miles round trip but I went beyond the end of the trail. Lots of waterfalls that keep going after the trail ends.
A lot to see today even though it was a pretty easy hike.


Sunset from the day before







This was a big waterfall. Too big to fit into one picture.























































No comments:

Post a Comment