.

.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Bolton - new trails

I have actually been on some or all of these trails in the past but it has been a long time so they seemed new.
It was 15 today which is warm weather these days. Very little wind also which made it very nice for x-country skiing. I had hurt my back a little recently so decided to go on some "flat" trails. That didn't work out! I started out on Maple Loop and went to Dear Run to Beaver Pond. From there I got on Jake which is actually a really nice trail and keeps going down. There is another trail off Jake where there are some signs that I started down but it kept going and going. Jake and that area is a place to explore some more. I got on Moose Ski back at the beaver ponds and went up to North Ridge and eventually the Buchanan shelter. The trail is steep around there. From the shelter to the long trail is .3 miles. I then went down to Maple Loop up Telemark  and up to Fox Hollow. I usually don't do these lower trails because they have less snow and also have some water around the beaver ponds. Today there was plenty of snow and with the intense cold we have had everything was frozen. This was a nice area and a nice sunny day to be out there.



Beaver Pond Area





North Ridge







No comments:

Post a Comment