.

.

Friday, October 7, 2022

Acadia NP - day 3

 This was really a half day Acadia and half day travel. I drove to Erica and Erin's house in the afternoon. I did a nice loop early to Beach Mountain. I started at Echo Lake which is .5 miles from the campground. I went up Beach cliff trail which was cliffy and very steep. A number of iron ladders. Nice views of the lake and views of the ocean from Beach mountain. I went down Canada Cliff trail and went on a Beach mtn loop higher up which again had great views. Great way to start the day.

I then drove around the south end to Seawall and Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse. Nice 55 degrees for early hike quickly rising to 65 by the time I left.

I stayed at Smugglers Den campground while at Acadia. Nice area with some land and trail to Echo Lake. Camp sites had space. Reasonable place.






























No comments:

Post a Comment