.

.

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Petrified Forest NP

 Today was a travel day from Grants NM to Sedona AZ. It had snowed some the night before and significantly in Flagstaff. The first few hours of the drive were icy and I saw the after effects of a half dozen accidents. Mostly trucks including one in its side. The roads were fine once I got to AZ. 

I decided to spend 3 hours at Petrified Forest and then went on a short walk in Sedona when I got there. Nice sunny day with little wind after about 10am.

petrified Forest is an interesting place. I have been there before so a half day was good. Some sandstone hiking areas and of course lots of petrified trees. The fresh snow added to the colored hills made for some nice walking.






































Arrival in Sedona. Quick walk. Pretty amazing views everywhere including this random trail off the main road. We will see how it goes tomorrow. Way busier than Grants NM!









No comments:

Post a Comment