.

.

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Tecumseh

The plan was to go up Moosilauke but it was too crowded when I got there. Maybe 30 cars at the parking lot. This is the first too crowded event that I have had so far. Today is a Sunday so I guess no hiking on weekends unless it is really out of the way.
I decided to try Tecumseh instead. I knew it would be crowded but I could go up Waterville Valley on the ski trails and avoid people. I wasn't sure if I could get to the top of Tecumseh from there but thought I would try it. As it turns out there is a trail at the top of the rope tow or whatever it is at the top of the ski trails. This trail is not used much and does get you to the top of Tecumseh. The views from the ski trails were better than the views from the top of the mountain so I didn't stay there long. On the way down I found a long stretch of hard snow that you could ski down on you boots. That was some easy downhill! Saw a number of mountains I have climbed recently (Tripyramid's, Osceola's) from the ski trails.


Nice waterfall area on side of road on way back from Moosilauke:









Tripyramid mountains

Osceola mountains

Another picture of Tripyramid mountains





My boot tracks sliding down. Just like skiing!


Pictures of Garland pond while bike riding:










No comments:

Post a Comment