.

.

Thursday, July 21, 2022

Cobscook Shores - 2

 Woke up to very dense fog. So dense I could not see the water which is right there from the campsite. By 8 it was gone. Just like that. Then at 4 it rolled in fast and dropped 15 degrees in the process.

Explored the Cobscook Shores trails again. Below is a self quided tour. I took a picture of the park map before each set of pictures. Amazing how much land has been put aside around here.

I learned a few things today. Eastport is the bigger town around here. They refurbished a number of old buildings and there is an art district. The Cobscook trails have money behind them. I talked to a paid trail maintenance person today. They are building more post and beam screened in Pavilions. Every place I visited today had well maintained trails and a decent parking lot, map, and bathrooms at each park. The maintenance person said kayaking is great and can be done between parks. 

At the end of the day I went to Quoddy Head SP again in the fog. Then back to Lubec where they had a band playing outside to 6 people including me. Grateful Dead, Alman Brothers, and that kind of thing. Oh yes, and Zappa!



















They do most of trail maintenance



















Back to Quoddy Head














Band playing - Lubec




No comments:

Post a Comment