.

.

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Double Top Mtn

 It was a cooker last night and today. 80 at 9pm last night finally getting to 70 at midnight. Actually not too bad hiking today until I got to lower elevation on the way down. Hot again tonight and then it is supposed to be more reasonable tomorrow.

Double Top is a good shorter hike. 6 miles rt. Good views of Katahdin and North and South Brother where I hope to go Tue. Both peaks have open rocks and views in most directions. Unlike Katahdin all these lesser peaks get few people. I saw 4 people today on this hike.

I stopped at Ledge Falls on the way back. Nice smooth rock waterfalls. Nice place to spend some time on a hot day.

The Tote road which goes to the trail today and the trails I plan to hike on this trip is slow going. Today was the most distant of the planned trips at 17 miles. 17 miles took me close to an hour. The road is narrow and windy and 20 mph is really about it.








Looking toward the Brothers and Katahdin in the distance on the right. Hazy today.































Pond tonight:










Campground hang out room. Pretty spacious.





No comments:

Post a Comment