.

.

Saturday, July 23, 2022

Lubec -> Baxter SP

 Went for a short walk in Lubec before driving to Penobscot Outdoor Center which is the campground I will be at for the next few days. Near Baxter SP.

I stopped at Eastport on the way. This is somewhat bigger than Lubec and has more going on. Close to Lubec by water but 35 miles by road. Most of that distance was the way I was going so it worked out. Even though Eastport is a bigger nicer town I would stay close to Lubec because of all the nearby trails.

May be too hot to hike tomorrow? Close to 90 here now and tomorrow is supposed to be the same.

Early AM Lubec campground pics:





Lubec short walk. Cobscook trails again:





Driving to Baxter area (Millinocket)




Eastport:









Inland lakes:



Closest civilization to campground. 6 miles away.


Pond at campground. Katahdin, I think, in the background.





No comments:

Post a Comment