.

.

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Death Valley

This is a great park and very large. I only had one day but it is a park that is worth a week if I ever get the chance again. This time of year was perfect. 35-40 at night and 60 during the day. The park ranges from -300 feet below sea level to 11,000 feet at telescope peak. I ranged from -250 to 5,000 on this day.
Hiking here is like hiking on various planets. Black volcanic terrain to colored sand castles to sand dunes. Interesting at every turn. If you don't like some pictures keep looking as they change significantly.
I managed to make it to Dante's view, Zabriski, and Stove Pipe Wells Sand Dunes. Zabriski had many miles of hiking in a very interesting area. Dante's was up at 5K feet and had great views down into the valley that looks like an old river bed with salt lakes in it. The sand dunes were big sand dunes in a large area and also very different and interesting. I did what I could do in a day.
Notes: If I make it back check out: Wild Rose mountain, Mozaic canyon. Other mountains to climb? Go early in season (March or maybe Feb).





Dante's View













































































No comments:

Post a Comment