.

.

Friday, September 23, 2022

Baxter SP - the Owl

 I decided to stay at Penobscott Outdoor Center another night. Hurricane Fiona is hitting Nova Scotia tonight into tomorrow. I was going to stay on the ocean in St Andrews but decided that wasn't a good idea. I am staying there tomorrow night. Hopefully things calm down by then. 

I made it to the park gate at 9:00 and there were parking spots at Katahdin Stream. Interesting. A Friday and no permit needed. I decided to hike the Owl. This is a nice one! It would be better on a clear day but I saw enough to realize it would have great views. Today was no rain! Cloudy per usual. The Katahdin Stream Falls were great. Plenty of water from yesterday's all day downpour. The Owl is something I would like to return to on a clear day.

Hoping that I have a few sunny days next week after the hurricane moves on. 















































Very nice sunset!








No comments:

Post a Comment