.

.

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Grand Manan - day 3

 The rest of the week, including today is "sunny". What that means is it could be sunny or it could be foggy. I talked to a local today and the long and short of it is that it is unpredictable.

Today was a mix. The fog rolled in and the fog rolled out.

I started back at the Anchorage. Nice area with trails, open beach, and two big ponds. Lots of birds hanging out around and in the ponds. There was a pheasant on the trail and lots of other birds I can't name.

Then I went to the southern most part of the island. Dramatic cliffs here. I hiked on the west shore side. Should go back and hike the east side. Also go back when there is less fog?

Talked to local while walking about fishing. Mostly lobster here but they do still fish herring and scallops are also an industry. I saw a lot of fishing boats later in the day.













































Back at the campground:






No comments:

Post a Comment