.

.

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Baxter SP - sandy pond, south Turner mountain

 It was a rainy day. A cold rainy day. I got to the gate at 6:00 as you are supposed to do so you can use your parking permit. On this day I didn't have to as the Roaring Brook parking lot was only 1/4 full. Temperature around 45 all day. 

It was raining pretty hard when I woke up and when I got to the parking lot. I decided to sleep for two hours in the van in the parking lot. When I got going at 9:30 it was raining but a little slower. Still got wet! Nice foliage here already. South Turner mountain was in the clouds. No views. Today's views where ponds and streams that were close by. I was hoping to see a moose since there were very few people around. Didn't happen. 

A nice day once I was out and walking. Going to be hard to warm up tonight though!


































No comments:

Post a Comment