.

.

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Beaver Creek

 This mountain has more of an Eastern feel than the others in the area. No big bowls or large open areas. With that said it is a great ski area. Plenty of fast lifts and steep terrain which is perfect for a Spring skiing day like today was. The base is built up with all the usual high end shops, condos, etc. This means it takes a bus and a series of escalators to get to the lifts. Yes, I said escalators. It is about 2000 feet lower than Breckenridge so warmer and definitely full Spring today. Today was SUNNY. Blue sky and maybe 45-50 at the peak of the day. Bump runs got very nice. My favorite run today was Golden Eagle. This was an Olympic run when they had the Olympics here. When I got to it the snow was great.

One down side of this mountain is it is 40 miles away on I70. I am not a fan of I70. This AM a car coming from the other lanes crashed into something significant and ended up in the two lanes on the side I was driving on. The car was destroyed. Maybe passed through a jersey barrier? It wasn't much of a delay except for the person in the accident.



















The "village"


Escalators to the lifts:



Near Breckenridge driving back:






No comments:

Post a Comment