.

.

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

A little bit of everything

 Breckenridge: sun, clouds, snow, blizzard.

It was an interesting day. It started with 2-3 inches of new snow from the night before and clouds and sun. Very little wind. Very pleasant! I started at Peak 10 and then went to chair 6 and the Imperial lift. Nice snow in this area. Large area so fresh tracks could be found. The Imperial lift is the highest lift in North America at 12,840 feet. At around 11:00 I headed up again and the top was visible. Light snow and moderate wind. By the time I got to the top it was blowing 40+ and snowing hard. Full on blizzard. Almost no visibility. I knew generally where to go but I was at the top of a steep bowl and could not see my bright orange skis because there was so much snow blowing around. At one point I was standing still but it felt like I was moving with all the snow rushing past.  I slowly got down with the conditions getting better as I got down. I could see they had closed the lift when I got to the bottom of it. I skied another few runs on chair 6 and it was good. Snow and Windy but reasonable visibility. 

Later in the day it ranged from heavy snow and wind to sun peaking through and patches of blue sky. Made it to Peak 6 which again was great.

Experienced a little bit of everything today.






You can't say you missed these signs!




















No comments:

Post a Comment