.

.

Friday, March 31, 2023

Park City - Day 5

 This was the best snow I have skied in this year. A foot plus on top of the foot from yesterday. Winter temps and nice powder. The day started slow. I parked at Canyons and got there about an hour early. It was peak storm this AM so I wanted to get there while the roads had little traffic. As I waited in the car it became clear they were not opening the lifts on the Canyons side. I learned this from an actual human employee. The app wasn't up to speed at all. I took a bus over to the Park City side. Big difference in wind between the two areas. This was a West wind. The Park City side was all open and not windy even riding the lifts. I thought it would be crowded since everyone was at the one area but it wasn't. Lots of good skiing in the AM and it was snowing pretty hard most of the time. At about noon they started opening the Canyons side and I started working my way back. Fresh powder all over again as they opened lifts. I actually was skiing fresh powder in the woods on my last run at 3:30! A day that didn't look good at 8AM turned into a great day. 

Really happy with the orange skis the last few days. They really float in deep powder which makes a big difference when you have this much snow.

I saw in the news that Big Cottonwood and Little Cottonwood Canyons had troubles again today. Roads closed for avalanche mitigation and then massive traffic. Getting from Heber City to Park City was no problem all week even today.

Hard to take pictures again as it was snowing all day. Who knows how much more came down?






















These last pictures were taken after 3:00 skiing the Saddleback lift:





Snow report at 5AM for Park City. Kept snowing all morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment