.

.

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Colorado National Monument 2

 Another fine day at the Colorado National Monument. I only had a half day since I was traveling to Heber City Utah today. Today's hike was No Thoroughfare Canyon Trail. Nice trail that follows a stream up into a canyon. Some waterfalls and plenty of interesting rocks to check out. The main trail ends at a big waterfall. I kept going on a fairly clear trail that goes up the right side of the falls. I walked for another mile? You can keep going for a long way. This trail is not popular and I saw no one today after the trail forked away from the Devil's Kitchen trail. It is still winter but I would imagine in 2-4 weeks this trail would have some Spring flowers? The stream likely makes for some happy plants.

20 last night and got up to 30 during the hike which ended around 12:00. Camp ground was nice. Clean heated bathrooms and both nights were quiet.

Travel to Heber City was fine but boring landscape until I got within 75 miles of Heber City. Then lots of mountains and snow. I don't think I have been on this route before. 6 and 191 through Price Utah. I like route 89 to go north/south but I was well east of that today.
















This is the waterfall that you can climb up by heading right. Steep and then more canyon beyond.



























Driving from CO to UT:















No comments:

Post a Comment