.

.

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Colorado National Monument

 This was a great day. If it ended at 9am it would have been a great day but it kept on going. At 9am I had only been walking for 15 minutes when I see a big horn sheep sleeping on a rock ledge right near the trail. As I got closer the sheep stood up and looked at me. I stood there watching and eventually the sheep laid back down. Wasn't too bothered by me. This was in an area of interesting red rocks.

The larger hike today was Monument Canyon Trail. This starts at the top of the canyon and then runs along the bottom of the canyon by what seems like endless interesting rock formations. There was some snow and high was 40 but with full sun it felt very comfortable.

I also walked on the Coke Ovens Trail and the Devil's Kitchen Trail. More description with pictures below. Way too many pictures today. Too many things caught my attention. What is it about walking around staring at rocks that I like so much?








Big horn sheep sleeping:



Now he stands up to look at me:






Now he gets bored and sits down:











Start of Monument Canyon Trail:




You can see the switch backs on the trail:



































End of main hike:


Coke Ovens Trail:








Ute Canyon:



Red Canyon:



Devil's Kitchen area:



Devil's Kitchen Trail:










The Devil?



No comments:

Post a Comment