.

.

Saturday, April 15, 2023

Back to winter

 It was 15 when I woke up this morning and didn't get above 25 at the mountain. Four inches of snow last night and 1-2 the day before. The first run of the day, a groomer only had a few inches as they groomed during the night. I quickly went to the Outback lift and skied woods which were great. Today was a day at Keystone. They close tomorrow so I thought I would ski there one more time this season.

Yesterday was Breckenridge. A mix of sun with no wind, clouds, heavy snow with 30mph winds, and blizzard. At one point it was sunny and during the ride up the lift it switched to sideways snow. Almost like thunderstorms rolling through in the summer. The snow was good and it was a long day. Hard to stop.

At the end of the day today I drove to Grand Junction. A week of hiking and maybe relaxing a little? Highs 65 and lows 40 the next few days in Grand Junction. The plan is to go to Black Canyon of the Gunnison mid week.

A great week of skiing. Spring most of the week and then winter and fresh snow!

The hotel scene this AM:



Keystone:




























Grizzly rest area on I70. This has a pretty nice trail that follows a stream that flows into the Colorado river. You can hike for many miles at this rest area! I spent time here a year ago. Today I just went for a short walk as I had to move on.












Arrive at camp ground. Temp 55. 


Mini golf on site. Living large.






No comments:

Post a Comment