.

.

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Skiing Keeps Going

 Winter today. A little sun but mostly cloudy, windy, cold and some snow. Next two days are similar. Hard to go from 65 degrees to 20 in the last few days! Peak 6 had great snow and I got about six runs before they shut it down for wind. Peak 7,8 were also nice and that is where I spent the afternoon. The T bar was open but super windy so I didn't go up there. Snow tonight and the next few days. 













4/20 Thu update:

Today was the coldest day on this trip! And it is April 20. 5-15 degrees at the mountain with 30mph winds. About two inches of new snow. Nice snow but I had to go into the lodge multiple times just to warm up. Tomorrow looks like same weather. I may take a day off. It looks more comfortable after tomorrow. 

I had the first injury of the trip before I got to the mountain this am. Pulled over right near the hotel to scrape some more ice off my windshield and fell in a parking lot covered with a thin layer of ice! How is that for a wild ski injury story. Injured my ribs in one side. Hope it fixes itself fast. The hotel has a hot tub so I gave that a try. Can't hurt?

I want to go to Vail at some point before it closes this weekend. Not sure if I will make it since there is more snow in the forecast and driving to Vail can be dicy in snow. 







No comments:

Post a Comment