.

.

Monday, March 18, 2024

Crested Butte Day 1

 This is the first time I have been to Crested Butte. It was a blue sky day and this mountain has great views. It was winter snow all day except down low on the East River Lift. Not a powder day but pretty good snow. This mountain is steep! I went down Forest and/or Peel skiers left of the lift. Steep and trees. Not a lot of room for error. I also skied off the North Face Lift. Most everything up here is challenging. Long runs but you need to come up 2 lifts to get to the North Face Lift again.  This is a T bar which is unfortunate. I don't like T bars! This was a reconecence day and I think I did pretty well checking the place out. I have not been on the High Lift (T bar) yet but tried a number of options off the other main lifts. This is a pretty big mountain. I am here for three days and will not get bored!

The peak of the mountain is impressive. Pointy and rocky. The surrounding area is filled with impressive mountains so there is plenty to look at. 

Lift lines on a Monday: None. Most trails have few people as this is a big mountain.

I took the bus today. One hour each way from Gunnison. It would be 40 min each way by car. Large comfortable bus and you get dropped off right near the lifts. Not bad. No driving or parking issues and the bus stop is across the street from the hotel. Not a bad setup.

Picture in the lodge before I got going:


And the day begins....

























No comments:

Post a Comment