.

.

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Gunnison -> Dead Horse SP

 The drive from Gunnison to Dead Horse State Park was pretty amazing. The GPS said it should take 4 hours. It took me 8 hours as it was hard to make progress with so many places I wanted to stop. One rest area had a short road into a canyon with a train set up on a bridge. Pretty unexpected. I also stopped for a short visit at Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP. I went there for a full day last year. This year just a short walk to one of the views.

I had about two hours of light at Gunnison State Park. I walked on a trail looking East and one West. Spectacular place with long views and big drop offs. 

The campground is nice! Covered picnic tables and open camp site with views. Bathrooms are good. No showers. My site has electric.

The drive:























Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP:









You can see the river in this picture:






Driving:









Cows in the road:


Dead Horse SP:






























No comments:

Post a Comment