.

.

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Grand Jct - McInnis Canyons

 This is a very large area of BLM land. Hiking, biking, horse riding etc. I was in one area today and there are a dozen more trail heads. I started at Pollock Bench trailhead and went on Pollock loop. A 6.5 mile loop around the top of a group of canyons. After the first half mile there is always something to see. Next was the Devils Canyon trailhead. There are many trails from this trailhead. Bring a map as some end up at different trailheads and the area I was in (K trails) is a maze. Much more to explore in this area but I will likely try a different area if I go back to McInnis Canyons on this trip to get a feel for some of the other regions. Rattlesnake Arches is supposed to be very nice.

In the morning I took a short walk on a bike path that runs along the Colorado River. Lots of places to bike in Grand Jct and Fruita. Paved paths and lots of mountain biking.

Colorado River:




Near the river:





Pollock Bench Trail P1:

















Devils Canyon Trailhead K trails:













This is the map of the area. I was in the lower right corner of map 1 today.




No comments:

Post a Comment