.

.

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Breckenridge 3

 It snowed about 3 inches late night into early morning. Roads were surprisingly bad. A truck crashed on the I70 on ramp closing that and more crashes on rt 9. Icy in areas otherwise just snow. Had to detour around all the issues. A 20 minute drive turned into 60. I am just glad nothing happened. Very nerve racking driving your house, for the next month, in snow and traffic 2000 miles from home. It took a while to calm down once I got to the ski area.

The skiing was great. It kept snowing until around 11:00 and then off and on the rest of the day. 20-25 degrees the whole day. Windy but not enough to cause lift trouble. Felt like mid winter and the snow was winter lighter powder. Very few people at the mountain. Easy to find fresh tracks until noon and then I had to try a little harder. 

I may take a rest day tomorrow. Snow is supposed to continue for another day so we shall see.



















Because it was so cloudy and pictures were pretty black and white I took a picture of a picture at the hotel to provide a little color.



No comments:

Post a Comment