.

.

Friday, April 15, 2022

Silverthorne -> Grand junction CO

 I had the option to ski a half day or take my time driving today. I decided to take my time driving. It was 30 and snowing when I woke up. It was 25 and snowing at Vail pass (10,500 elevation). Driving was fine. I went for a hike right off rt 70. Grizzly Creek trail. By this point the elevation was maybe 6000 and the temp was 60 with sun and clouds. This is a pretty nice trail considering it is right off the highway. You start at the Colorado river and follow a stream that goes up into the mountains. I went 5 miles rt but the trail kept going. I saw no one on this hike! Nice stream with some small waterfalls and some nice mountain views. You could see that a fire went through part of this area recently.

Next was a stop at Glenwood Springs. Big hot Spring pools make this town a stopping point. Lots of bike/walk paths in this town and parks. I went to Two River park and walked along the river. Seems like a nice town. I looked at the hot spring pools but no swimming today for me.

I am writing this from a campground in Grand Junction where the temp is 72 and it is sunny. What changes today! I appreciate 72 after freezing a few days ago!

This stretch of rt 70 is pretty nice. Lots of mountains and it follows the Colorado river for a while.


Driving




Hiking




















Glenwood Springs





72 at campground!



No comments:

Post a Comment