.

.

Sunday, April 17, 2022

Colorado National Monument 2

 Great hike in the AM.  Monument Canyon Trail from the upper entrance. I went about 7 RT to just beyond Independence Monument and back. Later in the day I saw two climbers on top of Independence Monument. Looks serious! Lots of spires and rock formations with changing views the whole way. The hike starts at the top of the canyon and then winds it way down. I heard a peregrine falcon off and on as I went down and then saw it flying around the top of a cliff. Nice cool morning.

I also did a number of short hikes right from the visitor center which was pretty nice. 

Drove to Moab at the end of the day. A two hour drive. It is 77 here and multiple people have camp fires going. Why? I guess they enjoy hot smoke?







Start of the canyon hike










This is zooming in on the picture of the wall that follows this picture. Monster? The camera does not do it justice.














The following picture is the last one on the canyon hike. You can see the trail switch back in the canyon.


Independence Monument is in the center if this picture. I saw two climbers on the top of it later on in the day.














No comments:

Post a Comment