.

.

Friday, April 1, 2022

Red Canyon - 2

 I realized I have been neglecting this area so went there in the late afternoon. I think this will be the focus for tomorrow. I was planning on going to Kodachrome Basin SP tomorrow but Red Canyon is a few miles from the hotel and both times I have been there have been great.

Today was Losee Canyon and the Arches trail which starts from the same parking area. This is two miles down a dirt road but reasonable for cars. Red Canyons is a large area with lots of trails. Some are hiking only, some horses and hikers, and some atv use. One trail today was hiking only and the other hiking and horses. 

Red Canyons is part of Dixie National Forest. This is not a crowded area. I was the only car at this particular trail head.






Check out the tree at the top of the rock left of center
















No comments:

Post a Comment