.

.

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Mesa Verde

 It was a good day but I know from previous times at the park it could have been a lot better. Mesa Verde is still in winter mode. Tours of the cliff dwellings don't start until May 1. That means you can't get close to the bigger cliff dwellings. Wetherall Mesa road is closed for winter and the Cliff Palace loop is closed for construction. So, about 25% of the park is up and running. The two nice hiking trails, Petroglyph and Spruce Canyon were open. So, it was a nice day hiking mostly. I also went to the Far View sites which I had never been to before. Pretty interesting with the remains of some larger buildings and a reservoir. I guess I should have looked into this a little more! 

Very slow to non existant internet at the campground tonight. 














































A few pictures taken in the visitor center:








No comments:

Post a Comment