.

.

Monday, April 25, 2022

Canyons of the Ancients

 This is an amazing hike. Sand Canyon Trail. You want to start on South end which is on road G. A good hike through a canyon and there are a dozen or so ruins along the way. The trail is 12 miles rt. I went 10 rt. There are many short spur trails along the way. You want to go down these! This is where most of the ruins are and interesting rock formations. The desert is in good shape here. I saw no one until I turned around. Then I saw about a dozen people. Parking is not an issue.

It started cold, maybe 40. It was 25 when I woke up. It made me wonder about living in a cliff dwelling. They are mostly in an area with a big rock overhang and it was hard to take pictures because they are not in the sun much. Must have been cold in the winter!

Canyons of the Ancients and this trail in particular is a good place to spend time if you are in this area.




































No comments:

Post a Comment