.

.

Saturday, April 2, 2022

Bryce , Red Canyon - last day

 I went to Bryce again in the am to hike a part of the Fairyland Loop I had missed the other day. If you were going to pick one trail at Bryce this would be the one in my opinion.

in the afternoon I went on a very nice loop hike at Red Canyon called the Golden Wall trail. Nice loop through mostly red rock and then the golden wall which was multiple colors including a yellow band. Clouds blowing around in the afternoon. I did parts of a few other short hikes after. There is more to see at Red Canyon and very few people on the trails outside the ones right next to the visitor center. I did not see anyone on the Golden Wall hike.

I read a sign somewhere that said that the Bristlecone Pine  which is all over this area is one of the oldest life forms on earth. Some of the trees in the park are around 1700 years old. The oldest of this species is 4800 years old! 

























Red Canyon


























No comments:

Post a Comment