.

.

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Canyonlands Needles 2

 This was another great hike! Squaw Canyon to Lost Canyon loop. I tried to look down today some of the time so I could see flowers and lizards. Yesterday I was mostly looking up at the ever changing rock formations. Today I looked down more but not enough as I will explain later. This hike had water, more trees, but also had ridge walks and rock formations. Lots of lizards including a larger one. Maybe 12 inches head to tail instead of the usual 6. At mile 7 of 9 I almost stepped on a snake that was right in the path. I just saw movement after I stepped just over him/her. I took a picture and showed it to a ranger. She said it looked like a rattle snake. The snake made no noise and I quickly stepped to a respectable distance after taking two quick pictures.

a very nice day and I also saw a lot of flowers. Including a few cactus flowers.






















Lizard blending in




















Midget Faded Rattlesnake?











No comments:

Post a Comment