.

.

Monday, March 7, 2022

South Lake Tahoe - Northstar

 The Epic pass that I have is good at 3 mountains here. Heavenly, Kirkwood, and Northstar. I want to try all 3 but the focus will likely be Heavenly. Today was Northstar. This is really two mountains. The area where you start near the village and the backside. The backside except for a few exceptions is where the skiing is. That whole side has about ten trails and open woods between all of them. Nice high speed lift and long runs. That is where I spent most of my time.

snow is winter snow that hasn't been above freezing since last snow. Conditions were good and no complaints there. Also some long groomers with some pretty good pitch that were fun.

although the mountain has great lifts and put money into the skiing the focus is real estate and shopping. This place is likely the future of skiing. They built up the "village" with tons of condos, shops, and restaurant s. You have to walk pretty far to the lifts passed all this stuff. If you don't get there early you actually need to take a bus from a remote lot. If you have money you can pay for up front parking. 

I was happy with the day and had a lot of good runs. I am writing this after a day at Heavenly and with that experience I will say it is unlikely I will go back to Northstar.

added fun fact: it seems the mountain (mt Pluto) is an old volcano.















How about a basic burger for $15 or maybe a bud light for $8.50? No thanks! 


You can see the lake in the next picture. Better in real life!







Part of the village





No comments:

Post a Comment