.

.

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Utah - Snowbasin

 This place is great! I think I skied here 30+ years ago. It was different then. This mountain was part of the Olympics in 2002 and it must have had massive upgrades at that point. This is a mountain with 3000 vertical feet and 2 gondola and one chair that go the whole distance. Very open and lots of terraine. Skiers right in Strawberry gondola is a big area with all kinds of variety. A number of places where you can traverse out into nice bowls. Snow was good in most places in the AM. Then spring skiing. Plenty of pitch in this mountain to keep spring skiing interesting. 

Tired! Big vertical and very little traversing around. Great views at this mountain. Every lift I went on was fast and high end. The lodge, for those who care, is like a 5 star restuarant. OK, I have not been to a 5 star restaurant but this is what I would imagine it to be. I was going to have a sit down dinner at the dining room but I had already made a PBJ so I dined at a picnic table near the car.

This mountain is not part of Epic next year. They are switching to Icon. Park City is great and there is plenty of good skiing there but you have to work for it riding lots of short lifts. This place takes you from the bottom to the top and gives you a great big mountain run.

The Epic tracker does not work at this mountain so I don't know how much I skied. It feels like a lot!! The only down side is it is a 70 minute drive from where I am staying one way. The other issue is my pass only allows 2 days at this mountain.
























Looking out the gondola




Maybe this place is 4 star since they did not kick me out











No comments:

Post a Comment