.

.

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

South Lake Tahoe - Heavenly

 This is a big mountain. It is half in Nevada and half in California. It tops out at just over 10,000 feet on the Sky Express chair. Good lift system everywhere I went today. I walked maybe 2 blocks to the gondola which takes you up into the middle of the area. Then you ride lifts for the rest of the day. There are other parking areas that get you to one side or the other but given where I am staying I will be starting on the gondola.

amazing views of Lake Tahoe and surrounding mountains from many of the lifts and trails. You can also see into Nevada which is brown and flat and very different!

There is some steep skiing here. I liked the woods off sky express. Milky way bowl was also very nice. There is some steeper stuff far to skiers right in the Nevada side. I didn't get to that today.

today was a great day. Sunny and below freezing and little wind. I guess Heavenly can have wind issues on the higher lifts. The plan is to go back tomorrow.
























Looking into Nevada. A little different!


And some walking to the grocery store pictures...

Picture in hotel room

Raleys market




Home for a week


No comments:

Post a Comment