.

.

Thursday, March 10, 2022

South Lake Tahoe - x country

 It was windy today after a small storm that left 4 inches at Heavenly. Because of the high wind I decided to go x country at Northstar. This was a nice change of pace. I looked at lunch and Heavenly had some lifts down including the gondola. You take the gondola at North star to get to the x country center. Hilly terrain with about 20 miles of trails. All groomed but lots of woods between the trails that could be skied. I spent the am on the x country trails and then rode some lifts and skied easier downhill trails in the afternoon with my back country skies. 

Intense sun today. Put sun screen on twice and still got too much sun.

I learned that if I want to x country ski on the weekend at North star I need to be at the parking lot at 7:30. I think I will probably explore other trails this weekend. 

they had the chains required sign on this am. The roads had maybe an inch on them and I noticed no one else had chains. I did not put them on but was a little concerned about getting a ticket. Not sure how this works.


The village







X country center


This is the railroad car cabin
















Lake Tahoe shore that looks a little like Death Valley



No comments:

Post a Comment