.

.

Saturday, March 19, 2022

La Verkin -> Heber City

 This could be a 4 hour drive on 15 going the speed limit (80). Of course you can go 90 if you want to keep up with most of the car traffic.  Instead I took 89 starting on 9 through Zion. 89 is a pretty nice drive and probably only 1.5 hours longer if you didn't stop a lot like I did. 9 going east out of Zion has lots of views and I stopped a few times for short walks. There are also some longer trails in the area.

when I got to Heber City I took a walk on the coyote mountains trail system. I accessed it from UVU which is the river view trailhead. This looks like good mountain biking. 20 miles of trails. It was dry today but storm tonight. Maybe rent a bike later in the week? I saw two elk when I first got to the trail. Nice change to see live ones after seeing a half dozen dead deer/elk  on the road today. 

Salt lake city gets a lot bigger every time I see it!

Zion- too early for good light.
















Driving on 89











Arriving in salt lake city


189 going to Heber City




Coyote trails





No comments:

Post a Comment