.

.

Saturday, March 26, 2022

Move to the crater

 I don't know why they call it a crater but the place I will be staying for the next few days has a hot spring that is inside a dome made up of years of mineral deposits. The water is 90 and flows out into ponds on the property. Interesting! There is an opening in the top.

I spent the am skiing even though it is a weekend. Lift lines were good where I was. None. I went to Super Condor, sun peak, and the Orange bubble. Found some NE facing slopes that were pretty nice. Some steep trails which you need in these snow conditions. This is the Canyons side of Park City.

I left at about 12:00 to give myself a rest and the snow was getting beyond Spring by that point. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same and then some cooling starting monday.

did some walking around in the afternoon on a trail near Park City and around the Homestead Resort property.













Farm trail near Park City






Hot Spring crater at Homestead Resort



Inside the dome. Diving and floating by reservation. Tunnel through the side to the 65 foot deep pool. 90 degree temperature.







Overflow ponds and connecting stream.





1863 house in property. Interior needs work!








No comments:

Post a Comment