.

.

Friday, March 18, 2022

Snow Canyon state park - Utah

 This is an interesting place. Much warmer than Kolob Canyon yesterday. It was 40 at 8am when I arrived. quickly went to 55 and then 65 in the afternoon. Nice. Very few people in the park at 8.  Pretty crowded by 10. By crowded I mean there was trouble parking in some parking areas. The park has plenty of trails and you can also make your own as long as you are on rock. I did this a few times and you can go for long distances. 

lots of birds. Canadian geese! Hawks and lots of small birds I could not identify. Small lizards. This park has red sandstone and white and also black volcanic rock. Lava tubes, slot canyons, and all kinds of weathered rock designs. Some of the rock looks like it is flowing. The lava tubes are pretty good. I went in one that started with a ledge and then you had to lower yourself 6 feet down to get started into it. This one went back further than others I have been in. 

Lots of biking at this park. Road bikers on the main canyon road and on some long paved bike paths in and out of the park. Then mountain biking also. This area seems pretty into biking as the paths and trails keep going for a while outside the park.

Way too many pictures. It was really cool in real life so I found myself taking too many.

I will be slowing down next week! I did spend a half hour sitting on a rock ledge today while eating lunch.















Lava tubes

























Walk where it looks interesting...




























This is where the Virgin River goes through La Verkin. I finally stopped to look today after seeing it in my peripheral vision for the last few days.




No comments:

Post a Comment