.

.

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Park City - Canyons

 I went to this side of the mountain once two years ago. It took me a little while to figure it out again. Morning was winter and it took me a few lifts before I found some good snow. Skiers right on Dream Catcher, particularly Pipe Dream were pretty nice. Skiers left on Tombstone was also good with some nice woods. In the afternoon it warmed up and turned into Spring skiing. Then everything lower was good. I rode the Orange Bubble at the end of the day. Detachable quad with orange bubble you can lower if it is cold. It wasn't cold but I put the bubble down for part of the ride to get an orange perspective. The first lift of the day which takes you from the parking, over all the condos etc., to the skiing is an open air aluminum bucket that you stand up in. Very strange. 

I guess if I had to pick a side I would pick yesterday's side. Both good and have plenty of options but less sideways navigation type lifts on the standard Park City side. The Canyons side, where I was today, has houses on some of the mountain. To make this work you need to ski over the roads on snow covered bridges once in a while. 

Looks like mostly Spring skiing for the rest of the week if the forecast is correct. So far, no lift lines to speak of. 


Goofy open air stand-up bucket to get you out of the parking area






















No comments:

Post a Comment