.

.

Monday, March 21, 2022

Utah - skiing

 Back to skiing. I am staying in Heber City which is close to Park City. The other mountain on my pass is Snowbasin. That is an hour away but I have not been there so I will go this week. 

Park City is another big mountain. I stayed on the left side, as you look at the mountain, today. I was at this mountain two years ago so I remember how to get around. Tomorrow I will check out the Canyons side. It was winter today with two inches of new snow. Not much new snow but the snow was pretty good on most trails. Trails that had a lot of sun in the past were not great. Trail of the day was Crescent which had nice snow and was steep and not bumped up on one side. I was under dressed so it took me a while to warm up in the AM. The sun helped. Lift lines were fine today but I hear, like everywhere ekse, you don't want to go on weekends. You can ski from one side of the mountain to the other but I learned last year it isn't worth it. Both sides are big so park on one side or the other and stay there for the day. This mountain does have flat spots so you don't want to spend your time trying to go sideways!

Looks like Spring skiing coming later in the week. I am looking forward to a little of that.









.






No comments:

Post a Comment