.

.

Sunday, March 6, 2022

South lake tahoe - x country skiing

 I got pretty lucky today. The plan was to rest and do laundry. Then I looked out the window. I quickly looked up x country skiing in South Lake Tahoe. Many options particularly further out toward Kirkwood. I picked a close one about 7 miles away. Start at a beach and headed into the woods. I brought hiking boots, snow shoes, and skis since I did not know what I was doing. Turns out the skiing was great. 2 inches of new snow on firm base. No ice or scratchy snow. Lots of fun and fast. I started on a trail but quickly left it. Pretty open woods and I headed toward a mountain I could see. Ended up on top of a hill with great views of surrounding mountains, lake tahoe, and another lake. Got very lucky winging this one. 8 miles rt but again you could go as far as you wanted to.





First turns of the trip!



























Walk to gondola is about a quarter mile. Will be doing that tomorrow. View from hotel below. Ugly and pretty!



No comments:

Post a Comment